The Xepto Digital Education VP – Business Development is passionate in helping educational institutions meet their goals by providing innovative solutions to problems in the classroom with state-of-the-art digital education tools and technologies.
He or she is driven with a desire to win over customers by being a trusted advisor in educational technology.
The Digital Education VP – Business Development’s responsibilities include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve financial targets.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve product targets, sales targets and expand Xepto’s customer base
- Clearly understand and identify customer problems and needs through strategic questioning that will lead to sound recommendations for solutions
- Liaise and relate well with teachers, school administrators and IT innovators. Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with these customers
- Manage and retain relationships with existing clients
- Screen potential deals and partnerships by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements and financials
- Research, find and develop new business opportunities and markets, growth strategies, and increase client base
- Plan and oversee marketing initiatives
- Articulate in presenting Xepto’s over-all solution for education including partner offerings
- Draft and review contracts
- Should be well organized and meticulous in following up with clients; maintains a solid knowledge of Xepto’s products and solutions; and, in touch with and immersed in the local education industry
- Very IT-Literate and can deliver technology presentations clearly and convincingly
- A team player, contributes best practices with co-workers
- Proven business development and sales executive experience, in meeting or exceeding targets.
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close. Ability to apply energy and creativity to meeting sales goals
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Passion for bringing technology into the classroom
- Aptitude for working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with web, internet, mobile technologies